Sat, 23 Sept|
The Five-Star Gravel Travel Motorcycle Experience...
An extraordinary 5-Star weekend retreat that goes beyond a typical motorcycle tour. If you've been intrigued by our previous tours but hesitated due to off-road riding conditions, this unique adventure experience is designed specifically for you.
Time & Location
23 Sept 2023, 07:00 – 25 Sept 2023, 16:00
SA Adventure, Mpumalanga, South Africa
About the event
Overview of the Experience
When you sign up for this incredible 5-Star weekend away you'll realise this is not just an ordinary motorcycle tour but rather a riding experience. Perhaps you’ve seen our other motorcycle tours and always wanted to come along on an adventure with us, but you’ve never felt comfortable enough riding your bike off-road to make that booking. Well, that's where this tour is a little different, it's a fully packaged 5-star riding experience. You may be asking what that means, keep reading to find out...
We'll meet up on our starting day in the Cradle of Humankind in a stunning location. We'll introduce the SA Adventure team to you and get to know each other a little better over coffee and breakfast. Before we depart on our journey, we'll host a short yet informative off-road riding skills workshop that will help you to start building a foundation to apply the solid off-road techniques and skills you'll be learning over the next few days.
Heading out of the Cradle, we turn east towards Mpumalanga on a mix of stunning tar and gravel back roads, and this is where your riding experience really begins... Our highly experienced support crew will be stopping you along the way at some of the more challenging sections of the route. At these planned stops we'll be sharing some in-depth basic and advanced riding techniques and skills with you that will elevate your confidence in riding your motorcycle off the beaten track.
The SA Adventure crew will also be supplying you with refreshments at each of these stops...
Lunch today is in the picturesque little town of Dullstroom. You'll have some time to look around and explore the town a little before heading out on the next leg of our journey where we will traverse down an abanded mountain pass, learn the correct techniques for riding in rutted conditions and experience some stunning scenery before arriving at our 5-star game lodge where we will be spending the next two nights in luxury.
The next morning after breakfast we'll be working through some more advanced rider techniques with you on your bike before we head out on a circular off-road route around the Chrissiesmeer lake district. On this spectacular outride, we'll be teaching you the correct skills to boost your confidence riding in sandy conditions. We'll stop for a spot of lunch and some refreshments at the Billiard Room in Chrissiesmeer. Throughout the day you'll also learn to handle your machine on gravely, rocky terrain and we'll practice some more rut riding, turning and breaking skills with you before heading back to the lodge after a rewarding day of learning new off-road riding techniques.
This motorcycle ride experience is suited to all levels of rider skills and is pillion friendly. We love motorcycles, so therefore this tour is open to any make of adventure motorcycle 600cc and above. As always on SA Adventure’s tours and events, we have a full support vehicle and trailer, as well as a qualified medic on-site for your safety, giving you further peace of mind, allowing you to enjoy this riding experience stress-free...
2 nights at the 5-Star Dawsons Game Lodge, Mpumalanga
Set at the foot of Nelshoogte Pass, Dawsons offers luxury accommodation with superb cuisine and impeccable 5-star service. Dawsons is a place where the sun dances across the open plains at sunrise and sunset, painting the landscape a vivid combination of fiery red, orange, copper and gold. Large herds of Zebra, Impala, Springbok, Blesbuck, Eland and Wildebeest, slowly wander the savanna plains impervious to time and can be spotted from the back of an open-topped Land Rover on a sunset game drive.
It is a place where dramatic mountains, waterfalls and perennial streams flow lazily from trout dam to trout dam. Surrounded by open space, where you can relish the freedom of timelessness, exploration and peace. The lodge offers spa facilities with spectacular panoramic views, an outdoor swimming pool and a large garden. It's a place of retreat, of absolute relaxation after a day filled with adventure learning new riding skills on your motorcycle.
Breakfast and dinner are included in your tour package.
- Breakfast in the Cradle of Humankind
- Dinner and breakfasts are included
- Stunning tar and gravel back road routes
- Learning new off-road riding skills on the fly
- Lunch in Dullstroom
- Wetland nature reserve
- Elandskloof Pass
- 2 nights stay at the 5-Star Dawsons Game Lodge
- Sunset game drive
- Dawsons Lodge Spa
- Chrissiesmeer lake district outride
- Lunch at the Billiard Room
- Skurweberg Pass
- Full support of the SA Adventure backup team
Dates and Pricing
- 23 - 25 September 2023
- R 7 399 per person sharing
- Single room supplement at R 900
- Only 10 places are available
- Your luggage can go in the support truck
- Guides, medic and support truck on the tour
- GPS tracks supplied
- Pillion friendly
- Dinner and breakfasts
- On-the-fly rider training and guidance
- Sunset game drive at Dawsons Lodge
- Full SA Adventure support team
What you'll learn on the fly
This adventure motorcycle experience is for you if:
- You’ve never ridden your adventure motorcycle off-road before
- You’ve ridden off-road but would like an extra boost of confidence
- You would like to further your off-road knowledge and learn new off-road riding techniques
- You would like to invest in yourself and become a safer and more confident off-road rider
What you’ll learn from this experience:
- Setting your motorcycle up for off-road riding
- Body position on your bike for off-road riding
- Tyre choice and pressures for your adventure motorcycle
- Correct off-road braking techniques - especially for downhills and emergency situations
- Manoeuvrability on the motorcycle while riding in off-road conditions
- Keeping the motorcycle upright in tricky off-road situations and at low speeds
- Learn to ride ruts, mud, sand, water crossings and rocky terrain
- Balancing and momentum while standing up off-road
- Correct techniques for lifting the motorcycle if it falls
- Adjusting the motorcycle to suit the rider
- Twin-track techniques and practice